Living in Bolivian

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Conflict of Interest

My friend and I have spent the winter supporting the Colorado Eagles hockey team, attending most of the home games together, getting to know the players, and generally having a great time. The Eagles won the President’s Cup, and are champions of the CHL. All good, right?

The "problem" is that we had tickets to Game 6 on Saturday, when the team was scheduled to come home. We attended Games 1 & 2 of the Finals in person, and I was convinced that we would get the chance to see our lads win the Cup in person, as well. Those clowns won in five games, on the road.

I felt a similar disappointment when the Red Sox won the World Series on the road. Clearly, being there in person wasn’t an issue that time, but even on tv I would have loved to see Fenway just going nuts.

The Eagles are coming back on Saturday to host a free fan appreciation party, but it isn’t the same. I will miss hockey season.

1 Comments:

  • what do you mean, "went the way of pegged jeans"? If the jeans aren't pegged, how do you get the leg warmers on over them?

    By Blogger Maureen, at 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home