Living in Bolivian

Monday, August 08, 2005

Losing my touch

Well, I haven't really been able to post this past week because my secretary has been on vacation. This means I spend my days doing things like typing cover letters, which take me forever, and answering my own phone, which is the worst thing ever. I'm thinking of buying my assistant flowers and making her promise never to leave again.

I tell you, I'm just not exploiting the workers like I used to. They gallivant around on vacation - I haven't fired anyone in ages - I'm just not myself. I used to keep my high heels on the throat of the working man. Now I'm lucky if I can make time to terrorize the receptionist.

Postscript to the last entry...I talked to my friend who asked me to read the poetry. Turns out that particular volume was written at the end of the guy's life when he was all crazy from the booze, and it's totally incomprehensible. I got alternate recommendations, which I will work on this week. I don't know why it's bothering me so much, but I am determined to make an effort to read these stupid poems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home