Living in Bolivian

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Another bad sign...

...that I am overtired. While working, just had cause to cut and paste the phrase, "everything is becoming a video camera", and it struck me as quite poetic. Am I become a video camera, making observation of the world without quite interacting? Are we all? How seldom we are required to engage with the world in a meaningful way, really. Crazy that the song that just came into my earphones (which I wear to block out the world) is the Regina Spektor song that begins 'I never love nobody fully - always one foot on the ground - and by protecting my heart truly - I get lost in the sounds - I hear in my mind". Coincidence, but the sort of musical soundtrack that follows me around. It certainly doesn't help negate the delusion that you are an observer and a recorder when you have a soundtrack. In any event, the phrase struck a chord, reminding me again that it is easy to protect ourselves from the world, but that we deny ourselves the pleasure and pain of the world (equally valuable) by closing ourselves off. We are not meant to be video cameras - we are meant to be experiencing and creating the world anew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home