Living in Bolivian

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Current obsessions

In just 8 weeks and two days, I will be in England, gearing up for the Chelsea-Tottenham match and trying to figure out how nervous I am about having my head kicked in by a hooligan. I am super crazy excited to see an EPL match in person, but I don't think that young ladies typically attend these events, and I don't at all know what to expect. I'm thinking of rubbing dirt into my Chelsea scarf (so it looks like it's been through many seasons at the Bridge) and putting on a British accent for the occasion, but I don't think that's going to go over.

I've been doing some immersion training for the accent in case I need to resort to it, though. Specifically, I have added to my Gervais-Merchant podcast obsession a serious Russell Brand problem. He is an insanely vulgar and erudite former drug addict with a show on BBC2 and a wardrobe lifted from The Nightmare Before Christmas. If my sister hadn't called dibs already, we would be very much in love. (Probably better in theory than in person, though. My other bf, SMerch, was on Russell's 1 Leicester Square program and called him "preposterous looking" based on the crazy over-produced hair and wardrobe.)

I can't wait to be in London, seeing my Chelsea boys in person, reading Heat and trying to stalk celebs at the pubs near the BBC offices. Presumably Russ and Steve will take pity on me after I've been beaten up for not knowing the words to the Chelsea songs and everything will work itself out.

1 Comments:

  • Oh Mo, you're not going to come back are you, you've probably already been scanning posts for professional soccer hooligan.

    By Blogger cblackweiu, at 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home