Living in Bolivian

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Squire Darlin'

I watched The Quiet Man for the 1,687th time the other day, and was just as crazy in love with it as ever. It is one of those movies that, even though I have it on DVD, I will stop and watch until the end every time it's on tv. It's eminently quotable, charming, hilarious, beautiful and romantic. I give it a 15 out of 10. Delicious movie.

My new movie is very different, but equal in quality. It's called "On Her Majesty's Secret Sharkness" and it stars Admiral Sharkleton as a dashing member of the Royal Shark Force, battling bad guys. Lots of special effects and things that blow up real good.

Maybe the sequel can be "The Quiet Shark", and he can retire to the bucolic coral reef where he grew up, and try to live a simple life. Guess what? There are bad guys messing up all the bucole. Can Adm. Sharkleton save his village and work with his nutty new partner, a wisecracking lamprey (Chris Tucker)?

Edited to add: I really want Sharkie to be like the Terminator and quip bad guys to death. Like he could say, "So long, chum!" before he eats somebody. This franchise is a frakkin' goldmine. I'm going to be a millionaire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home