Living in Bolivian

Monday, October 31, 2005

Everything at once

So I quit my job and put my house on the market. I couldn't be happier about it. I told my assistant this morning that I was leaving, and she said I looked really happy. I never was a poker face. The insane craziness of this job will not get any better while I try to resolve cases, get them ready to be assumed by another attorney, or refer them out of the office, in addition to all the preexisting work that still has to get done.

I bought my house three years ago today - it seems strangely appropriate to be putting it back on the market on the anniversary of my purchase. At my closing on Halloween three years ago, my realtor met me outside the title company office dressed as a tropical explorer, complete with pith helmet. He met me outside my house today dressed as the Monopoly man, and even handed me a Monopoly $100 bill with his picture on it. Why must I always do business with the crazy?

I am excited about the next stage - even though I am (of course) a little apprehensive. I'm trying not to do the what-if game as far as selling the house. It will take as long as it takes, and me lying awake at night stewing about it won't make it sell any faster.

One other strange thing - I went home for lunch and I knew that people had been in my house. A very weird feeling when you've lived alone for five years.

Happy Halloween everybody!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home