Living in Bolivian

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Spoiled Brat

The worst part about the "virtual tour" of my apartment (aside from sitting with the ladies at work yelling out, "I sleep there! That's my bed!" like a moron) is that the pictures were taken the day before the cleaning lady came. I want a do-over.

I was on my way home from work yesterday evening, and as I pulled up to the house, I saw that the cleaning person was still there. So I kept driving. Apparently, I'm okay with being a disgusting pig who won't clean my own home, but I don't want to look someone in the eye while they are cleaning my tub. I'm not sure what I thought I was accomplishing by running away - maybe she wouldn't realize that an able-bodied adult lived there?

As always, I may be overthinking this.

I am having a hard time adjusting to my house being in the public domain. Yesterday was the first showing, and I felt weirdly protective of my little home. I've been there three years, and I don't like the idea of strangers marching through all, "I could never live here!" I need to settle down - there's a long road ahead of me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home